Wednesday, March 18, 2009

re: I had been Isolated


A friend of mine in Malaysia was wondering why I am missing in action...Actually I guess ever since I am moving to europe my life become isolated. Everything is expensive here. Besides keeping in touch with friends in Malaysia with internet. I guess the rest of the time I could hardly make a phone call to them...Another matter is to make a new friend surprisingly turns out that it's not as easy as I thought so...It's the matter of different cultures and lifestyles that cause people have distance and not so open to everything as I unexpected. Another thing is language matter. A lot of people insist to speak their own language but not English or a common language that everyone could understand well when hanging out together. Or insist to joke in their country way which nobody understand but themselves. I guess it's the matter of their own egoist that makes people do not want to tolerant and make a compromise to make friends with other races people...




As a Malaysian that born in 3 races country. We learnt to be tolerant and try to speak the same language when we gather out 3 races of friends for hanging out together in public. I enjoy this kind of lifestyles...Going out to food stall until midnight 2am...have a cup or tea with friends and chit chat or gossip some fun things happen in our life lately. Shopping mall open 7 days in a week. There is a 7.11 where you could always grabbed some food or daily use products 24 hours. The weather always either rainy or sunny. If you are getting bored, there are always some affordable price local airlines companies for you to fly to any islands in Malaysia just for a short holiday at the sunny beach.



Now the tropical woman like me had moved to a 4 seasons country Germany. First the cold and gloomy long winter is making me depressed. Secondly it's not only the weather is cold but the people also cold as their winter. I am trying to join myself with some expatriate community group for dining and hanging out together in downtown. But I found out it was just a bunch of bla bla bla social friends. Everyone is just searching for a bunch of community to slot in their free time like the toothpick... So I stop going there... I started to get myself isolated....staying at home doing some sketches and writing my blogs.



Sometimes I go out to have a walk alone by myself. Things are expensive here...so what you can do is more about free charges activities. Such as walking in the park, cycling in the cold winter time which is not funny for me who came from 30 degree hot temprature country person. Sometimes when the sun is coming out for a while could be sitting at the cafe to have the 2 euros coffee. If it happen to be some events on the empty market place, then it will be great to have a hot german sausages with their gluh wine ( hot wine ) out there during christmas market. I can't wait for the spring or summer to come as soon as possible...At least there will be more events out there the empty market place close to where I am living...By that time I could enjoy a little bit the warmer sunny weather for a moment that would be nice!!!

No comments: