Tuesday, April 28, 2009

~ Snow in Wuhan 2006 ~










Guess I am the lucky one to have this experienced in my life...The first winter that I am having in my life. Also the worst winter that causing everyone having a bad situation for celebrating Chinese new year. The snow is so thick and destroy some old roofs of the poor people houses. The ice are too heavy on the roof that is causing it collapsed. The trains and the planes had been stop moving or flying out from Wuhan. Mainly the two bridges that crossing over in between Han Yang, Han Kou and Wu Chang had been closed down due to the bad weather. The heater in every house is not working due to the snow had frozen the heater engine. The heater mechanic can't cross over the bridge from Han Kou to reach our apartment for service the heater. It took him few days and finally get it settle. But the isolation of the balcony window is very poor. So it seems like the heater is not warm enough to keep the temperature higher in our apartment. That's also because our apartment is the top floor and have high ceiling. The train has stop moving cause of no electric. Some of the vehicles on the highway were stucked on the road and have to stop there without food or water supply. Nobody expect this would have happen before new year.





So guess what were I used to keep me warm while the heater is not working at home? Well the portable heater from carrefour and the microwave fan heater that feeling like burning my skin whenever it was turning and facing me. I had covered myself up with the blanket together with the portable heater next to my couch so that it could keep my half body warm at least. The gas stove is not working for cooking either. So I am using the electric rice cooker to cook something simple to keep us warm. It's been few months I had been worrying the flight that we had booked to go back Malaysia for Chinese New Year would turn out not going to happen. Luckily the day we fly in the early morning the sky finally become sunny and beautiful. I really can't believe it. But some of the flights schedules still in waiting list. A lot of passengers yelling and complaining at the service counter. My heart is finally less stressed once we reached Shen Zhen to catch up our transit flight to Kuala Lumpur...





Feeling so great finally reached back home to Malaysia. But then the custom police woman is throwing me a funny question. Why are you coming back to Malaysia??? Hmmm....because I am Malaysian and I am coming back to celebrate Chinese New Year with my family???









No comments: